Many people build a eCommerce website to grow their business. What about SEO, can SEO help on e-commerce website to get more targeted traffic (and customers) from search engine result page (SERP) ?
The e-commerce market in Malaysia is showing a positive trend, The percentage of Malaysia online shoppers among Internet users increased, from 48.8% in 2016 to 53.3% in 2018.
Why e-commerce website need SEO ?
- Helping customer find your products on Search Engine Result Page (SERP).
- SEO can improve user experience(UX) and user interface(UI).
- SEO is cost effective way to grow your website visitor compare with other advertising.
- SEO Ranking is long lasting, SEO is long term a great investment.
- SEO work can Identify and fix any errors on your eCommerce Website. Like broken URL links, duplicate content slow site loading speed.
What we can do on SEO for ecommerce website
Implement the structured data into your e-commerce website
Structured data is a standardized format for providing information about a page and classifying the page content; for example, on a Product page, Information about a product, including price, availability, and review ratings.
Add markup to your product pages so Search Engine can provide detailed product information in rich Search results.
Improve the e-commerce website loading speed
Search Engine will increase your site ranking if your eCommerce store improve the page speed. 53% of People abandon a site that takes longer than 3 seconds to load (source: Akamai.com ) . Fast loading site provide better user experience (UX), make it easy for potential customer and visitors to find products and services in your e-store.
If your are web developer or web design some of the SEO speed tools and performance tools can help you study and audit your e-commerce website speed.
- Optimize Product Pages
- Optimize the images
Customer Reviews an Comment
Add a Review Section to the product page. A plenty of reviews it easy for visitors compare your product to your competitors, so they don’t need to leave to do more research. This will help your site rank even for ‘Review’ keywords and bring in more traffic to the estore website.
Good Comments and review are a great way for e-store owner to build trust and confidence to customer
Bad comments and reviews - Don't fear with negative reviews if you provide the good quality products and services. Negative reviews don’t mean your product is lousy. Poor reviews can actually help your business to improve your products or services quality. Handling bad reviews is must, respond to the negative review politely and quickly.
But comment spam or review spam will affect your e-commerce website SEO ranking.
- Comment span is one of the content spam, can impact the whole eCommerce site’s rankings.
- Spam Comment can lower down your eCommerce site reputation.
- Search Engine might remove or demote pages overrun with user-generated spam to protect the quality of search results.
- Content dropped by spammers can lead to malicious sites, Your user might lose faith in you.
No time Not skill to handle customer review and comment. Don't worry hire SEO agency Malaysia to help you monitoring it